Monday, June 24, 2013

"Dreaming" of Baptisms


Hej!

Wow, it sounds like things have been pretty exciting for all of you back home! That's crazy that Haley's moved out now. I can't believe she was one of the Honor Code Angels! That skit was so funny last year! Sounds like it was pretty much the same thing. Tell Brad and Shae hi for next time you can. Tell Ashley congratulations on her mission call to Alabama for me! That is going to be so great! Alabama is going to be such a great experience for her.

Casey, that's awesome you're going to start going to the temple with her! I know that will be a great experience for you. I hope you have fun on your Student Council Trip. Let me know how that goes for you, ok? Also, good luck with your Cries of Freedom performances! Mom, thank you for all of the letters you sent! It was great to hear from all the people in rehearsal! It's cool that you're emailing Ældste Walch's Mom. He's a really fun missionary to be around. Unfortunately he's on the middle island and I'm on mainland Denmark.

It's cool that you took everyone to the Worldwide Leadership Training meeting, I actually haven't seen it yet since it was going on around the middle of the night for us. We are hoping to get together to watch it soon though! 

Sankt Hans (St John's Festival)
A Traditional Danish holiday where a bonfire deters 

evil spirits on the eve of summer solstice  
This last week wasn't super exciting. We didn't have a lot of appointments this last week. Since we're opening this area it's been pretty slow in getting it going. There were a few pretty cool experiences.

First off, last night was the Sankt Hans Festival. It was a witch burning celebration! Let me tell you, it's really nice rooming with the Zone Leaders. They just called President Sederholm and asked if we could go and he said yes. We went with our Ward Mission Leader and his family. It was pretty fun and I will attach some pictures of the ceremony. 

Things are going well with Investigator Y who we set a baptismal date with last week. Her husband (who is a member) is really an eager participant. Hopefully we can continue to make steady progress with her.

This was the craziest thing that happened this last week. The Zone Leaders were teaching a man from Romania. He has been really positive and he is an amazing guy. I met him a couple of times and we got along really well, but neither of us really knew each other too well. So the Zone Leaders invited him to baptism this last week and he said he would have to think of a date. A few days ago the Zone Leaders asked him if he had a date and he shared this experience: 

"I had a dream last night that I was swimming in a river. I was swimming with you (Ældste Whitlock) and Ældste Wawro. Eventually you both approached me and Ældste Wawro told me I had to be baptized on July 21!" 

So now he's getting baptized on that date! Ha, the Zone Leaders were making fun of me for stealing there baptismal invitation.

The final thing I'd like to talk about is the book Teachings of the Presidents of the Church:Joseph Smith. I've read a lot since getting here. This last week I read through all of this book. It is absolutely incredible. The Fullness of the Gospel really was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. 

“After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel.” -Joseph Smith Jr.

Well, that's all for today. Thanks again for writing and thanks for everything you all do! Jeg Elsker Dig!

-Ældste Wawro

No comments:

Post a Comment