Monday, August 26, 2013

Randers, Round 2

Hej! Greetings from Randers. Another week passes by in the Land and things continue to be about the same. You really see miracles everyday out here and it's always amazing.

First off, I can't believe Jared is actually home!! Crazy!!! I really can't believe it's been two years already. You have to make him email me! I think that's hilarious that he speaks with a little bit of an accent. Looked like the traditional playing ball was as fun as it always is! And Jared eating all of those mash potatoes literally made me laugh out loud here in the library.

So you got an email from a returned missionary named Sister Kendra Arbon? [Christian rode on the same train with Sister Arbon on the day he arrived in Denmark] That's awesome she got in contact with you! And yes, Randers is veeeeeeerrrry hilly. Lucky for me, my bike has had a flat tire so I haven't been able to ride it recently!

I literally just downloaded the Lamb of God album because I decided just to download iTunes at the Library! ;) I am super excited to hear it! Honestly, listening to Rob Gardner out here in the evenings and p-days has been the greatest thing. I have really fallen in love with his music and it really does help strengthen my testimony! I am absolutely in love with his arrangement of the Spirit of God! It makes me want to write music when I get home, but I still have no idea what I want to do! That's too far out in the future to really think about anyway.


Tomas Kofod as Christ
[To answer your question about whether I knew that the actor who portrays Christ in the older New Testament film clips is Danish]  Actually, every missionary out here in Denmark knows that the actor from the older New Testament videos is Danish. It's a pretty big deal out here. His name is Tomas Kofod and he's a really respected actor. He has a really cool story about him getting the role of Jesus Christ in the films. Before he was converted he was doing a play where someone offered him a role where he would have to be naked in. Because the media is quite liberal here in Denmark, that kind of thing is very common and really wouldn't be a big deal for many Danes. However, up to this point in his career he had never had a role where he would have to do something like that but he never really gave it a second thought. For some reason though, when they offered him the part, he just got this really sick feeling inside that became so strong that he had to turn down the part. He had no idea why he would do something like that. A few years later he was converted and baptized into the Church.  When the Church offered him the part of Jesus Christ, he was interviewed by the First Presidency they asked him if he had every done anything on stage in the past that would have shown disrespect to himself or the church, such as being naked. Because of his decision to turn down that part he was able to play Jesus Christ he could answer that he honestly had not! (Oh, it also shows you how well Danes can speak English...that can make it hard at times because they just want to speak English!)
Tomas Kofod in 17 Miracles



It's exciting that the play opens soon! I wish I could see it! I bet it's going great though. Also, it's really cool that there is an investigator at church! Be the member missionaries that we want here in Denmark! ;) 

It's always great to hear about all the experiences you have Casey! Boating sounds way fun right now! I remember my bug collection for Mr. Glassford’s Honors Biology...it was so bad!! Ha ha. I'm glad that Student Council has been fun as well. It's so great to hear your love for seminary as well! I wish I had taken Seminary a little more seriously. Not that I did poorly in any sense, but it really is a huge blessing to be able to go to that.

So, honestly, not a lot happened this past week...other than we set a baptismal date! It was a really great experience. We brought a member along who was great. Afterwards we told him how grateful we were for him coming with us and he replied, "Men det er i vores dåbspagt! Jeg har lovet til Gud at jeg vil gøre disse ting!" (But it is in our baptismal covenant! I have vowed to God that I will do these things) It was great to hear and he even gave a great talk yesterday in church!

We also started meeting again with a family who has been investigating the church for 15 YEARS! The dad even told me he remembers all the old lessons that were memorized. Crazy! We also found out that in all of those years he has never read the Book of Mormon...what? Didn't anybody tell him that the Book of Mormon is written specifically for the intention of convincing people of Jesus the Christ and the Restoration of the Gospel?! Ha, so we committed him to read and he hopefully is going to start, he seemed pretty sincere. 

Yeah, that's about all for now! Hopefully you enjoy the pictures! Jeg elsker jer og håber I vil finde flere muligheder til at tjener andre mennesker og hjælpe dem kommer til Kristus! (I love you and hope you will find more opportunities to serve other people and help them come to Christ!)

Med Kære Hilsens,

Ældste Christian Patrick Wawro
Elders of Israel






No comments:

Post a Comment