Tuesday, December 23, 2014

"Så er det Jul igen!" [Translation: “So its Christmas again!”]

Can you believe it?! It's already Christmas again! It's pretty hard to believe that this time last year I was in Randers. We're not going to get a white Christmas here, just a gray, windy, rainy, cold one! But luckily, we're stuck with some of the best people ever on this little island so it's going to be so much fun!

I'll start with yesterday because that was quite the surprise! So we were walking down the gågade [pedestrian street] in Rønne when all of a sudden a marching band comes marching down the road! The gather in front of the big Christmas tree and everyone surrounds it. Then the Priestess starts sharing a Christmas message and everyone starts singing because it's Advent Sunday! It was fun to stop and listen for a second, but it was even MORE fun to start passing out cards to all the people surrounding the tree. All we would say was "God Jul!" and hand them a card. And every single person would accept one. It was amazing and so much fun! Hopefully some of those people watch the videos.


We had our Christmas Party on Saturday and it was a great success! We had three guests with us who weren't members! We brought Steen Hansen to play with me for the music numbers, Ruth brought her son, and the Bøvings brought a friend who just moved here from Brazil! It was so much fun and they all loved it as well. We also were able to show the "He is the Gift" video at the party, and again, everybody loved that as well. We were so happy to have everyone there and had a great time.

Elder Olson from the Area-Seventy in Sweden also came to our ward Christmas party as well as our Sacrament service yesterday. He held interviews with me and Ældste Horrocks and talked to me specifically about being an essential part of the branch here. That was all fun, but the best part was when we went to the Mogensens and helped give a blessing to both Patrice and Knud. Knud was the one that actually gave the blessing to Patrice, and it was powerful to see him exercising his Priesthood to bless his family. We then blessed him and he stood up and called Ældste Horrocks and I his two sons. It was quite a special experience for me and I'm so grateful to be a part of this branch and that family.

So we got our transfer calls today: Ældste Horrocks is finally leaving "The Rock." He'll be going to Søndeborg. We knew that was going to happen, he's already been here 7 1/2 months. I'll miss him a lot, we had a ton of fun together! He also made a huge impact in the lives of the branch, especially the Mogensens.

But you'll never guess who I'm getting (who will be my final companion as well).
Ældste Redd!! Ældste Redd is in my MTC group, but apparently he's extending so he'll leave a transfer after I do. It's going to be so much fun to end with someone that I started with!

Well, that's my week! I look forward to seeing you on Thursday!! Love you and Merry Christmas!

MKH,
-Ældste Wawro

No comments:

Post a Comment