Monday, August 19, 2013

A New Home in Randers

Randers Branch Building
Hej Hej Hej!! Greetings from Randers! This past week has been a looooooooong week! A lot of moving, a lot of service, a lot of missionaring. It sounds like everything is going great at home!

It's so great Casey got her Patriarchal Blessing. That is such a great experience. I'm still excited to hear what position she is going to serve in Student Council at school! That's fun that General Ruckus has started again. It's also cool that Elijah is one of the teachers! Please keep me updated!

That is amazing Jared gets back next week!!! I can't even believe it! Oh man, please have him write me when he gets back. I want to hear from him so bad. It's exciting that Carina is on her mission now! Let me know how your trip with Uncle Jeff goes!

Best of luck to you, Mom, with your show! I wish I could see it! That's awesome about Jay going to the Copenhagen temple! I probably won't get there for a while, but I'm so excited to go!
Denmark Copenhagen Temple

So, things here in Randers have been pretty slow for a long time. We do a lot of tracting (I don't know how you spell that word in English) and contacting. Hours and hours of it. It actually isn't too bad though. You get to meet and talk to a lot of new people, even if they aren't interested.

Our first day was a little bit of a miracle. We literally had no plans for the day and literally no sooner than 5 minutes after we left the apartment a man walked up to us and said, "Jeg ønsker jer at besøger mig, hvornår kan I kommer (I want to meet with you, when would be a good time)?" So we set up an appointment right there! After that we were bonking on doors and by some miracle bonked on a previous investigator's door who invited us in and now we are teaching him! Then we bonked on someone else's door about 15 minutes later, set up an appointment for that evening and taught her the Restoration! Later that same day, we also were able to meet with another member who had not been out to church in a long time!

After that day we only had a couple more appointments, so it seemed as if Heavenly Father was saying, "Ok, now I've shown you that you have my help, now it's your turn to do your part." So we've been finding.

We also had a service project at the church and moving a member. That was great because I got to meet the members. They are really excited because I can play piano and sing in the choir. A couple of the members play in one of the Danish Orchestras professionally. They really like to talk about music with me.
The branch is very small, but I really like it here. The members are great and super loving. I'm probably going to be here for a while so I couldn't have asked for a better place to be!

Randers Branch Building
Thanks for everything that you all do for me! I love you all!

-Ældste Christian Patrick Wawro


P.S. Here is a picture with my new Mission Leader! He just got back from his mission in Greece a few months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment