Monday, June 2, 2014

"This Will Be the Start of Something New!"

Elder Wawro and Elder Mogensen in beautiful Odense
Hello Friends and Family! I'm currently writing from the library here in Hillerup. I can't believe I'm actually here on Sjælland. Nevertheless, I'm excited for the time I'm going to spend here in Gladsaxe!

Leaving Odense was very emotional for me. They asked me to play a musical number about 15 minutes before Sacrament Meeting started. So I did, but after I was finished I was right next to the podium and everyone was looking at me so I HAD to go and bare my testimony. I just couldn't hold in the tears because I loved all of them so much! I'll really miss them and I'm very sad that I only got 2 transfers there, but I've heard great things about [the Gladsaxe 2nd] Ward.

Ældste Mogensen and I had a great last week in Odense together.


So, we have this investigator named S****. [we haven’t felt that optimistic about]...or so I thought. He was the one who stayed in church for only about 10 minutes and then walked out. We met with him again and he told us that he really isn't interested in converting at all. He'll read and stuff because he respects religions, but he's not really interested in changing anything. While he is telling all of this to us, Ældste Mogensen and I are just thinking that we probably have to drop him. But then, he asked if we had any pamphlets. We told him we do. He asked if he could have some so he could keep him out for all of his guests who come around so he can show them a little bit about our religion. He then said that the next time we meet with him he'll bring a friend of his who has just gone through a rough divorce and could use our message! Of course we were fine with that! We gave him a scripture to read and a couple days later we ran into him and he asked when we were going to meet again because he had read the chapter and has some questions about it. For not being interested, he is acting pretty involved in what we give him to do!
Knocking on Hans Christian Anderson's House ...
But this book is no fairy tale!


J*** J***** is doing great! We hope that he'll reach his baptismal date for the 26th of July! I really think he can. We had a great appointment with him where Kim de King [a local member] was present and he was fantastic. [Kim] explained how meeting with us was great and that we could teach him a lot about the church, BUT, [Kim added] “the real magic starts after we leave.” Kim explained that the most important thing he can do is read and pray to find out by the power of the Holy Ghost if our message is true. He then offered his services to drive J*** to church and back Again. J*** accepted and he came to church that Sunday and he really seemed to enjoy it. So we're very thankful for Kim de King!


We helped do a service project on Thursday where we moved a bunch of tile to help redo a driveway. The tile was way heavy and there was a ton to do, but the members were so appreciative for our help. We also got to work with their less-active son so that was a great opportunity to get to know him better.
The Fyn District


We also had splits with the Svendborg Elders again this week. I went to Svendborg with Ældste Syversen, and guess what we did Friday morning. We moved heavy tile for a member! By this point in time I was pretty sore, but the member was super appreciative so we were glad to help. We also found a new investigator! His name is Fossil (I have no idea if that's how it's spelled, but that's how it's pronounced). He's a friend of a family that they're teaching and he's actually Muslim. He's as least interested to hear more about our church, so we'll see where that goes!

On Saturday we biked EVERYWHERE in Odense trying to stop by people, but nobody was home. At the end of the day we were finally able to meet with J*** U***** P*******. He's doing great, has a great testimony, but he needs to come to church more often! I’m not sure how best to help him understand that. He's an artist, and he gave me a painting, so now I just need to find a way to get it home...


So, I got a call the other day which surprised me. I missed the call at first, so I called them back. When they answered they told me it was the missionaries from Lithuania and they asked me if I was Ældste Wawro, the District Leader of Fyn. I told them I was and asked why they were calling. They had a referral for us. It was one of their investigator's sons and he is super positive! He was supposed to come to church this last Sunday but he got sick, but he is really excited to meet with us. It was a little strange, though that the missionaries actually called me from Lithuania. Apparently they called the office and got our number from there...? I don't know, but they said they had permission. Great referral though!

Thomas Bøgelund is just fantastic. He is doing so well and is so excited to be an active member. The best news is: He is getting the Priesthood this next Sunday!!! I really wish I could be there to see it, but I am just happy to see him grow in the church. I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to meet him and help him be baptized. I've learned a lot from Thomas and I look forward to seeing him again someday!
With Thomas Bøgelund  


So I traveled this morning, got on a train at 10:07 AM and drove straight to Copenhagen. Exciting news, I saw Ældste Wright for my first time actually in the mission! He has been on Bornholm and I've been in Jylland and on Fyn so we've never seen each other. But now we're both in different parts of Copenhagen so next time we see each other we'll have to take a picture together. I'm sure members from the Stake back home would like that.

Well, I don't have much more to say! I'm excited to start working with Ældste Merril. I also get to go to the mission home for my first time since the day I got to Denmark for a Mission Leadership Council Meeting. That should be fun!

I love you all and hope the best for you!

MKH,

-Ældste Wawro

The Frederiksen Family (Stake Presidents Family)

Are you sure this is the way to Copenhagen?



JJ Simonsen, and awesome Greenlandic member of the Odense Ward!


The Nørrung Family (Bishop's Family)
I was able to see Ældste Lindstrom, my trainer, right before he left to go home. He goes back home today but he was at the train station so we were able to have a final goodbye. Safe trip back to America!
From Elder Mogensen: "I REALLY ENJOYED, our companionship. It was rad... rader than rad it was raddishliciousness... Back to business, you have some pictures that I might want, and I would highly appreciate you sending those. I also wanted to say thank you for a good companionship, and have a good one in Gladsaxse..."




No comments:

Post a Comment