Monday, November 11, 2013

7 Months and Counting- Lets GOOOOOOOO!

Hej Hej Hej!!

Yesterday marked 7 months! Where did those 7 months go? It's amazing to me that Christmas is just around the corner. I suppose you all have Thanksgiving first. Luckily, this week the Nord Jylland Zone will be having a little feast as well since it is not celebrated here.

The members have been so great and we have barely cooked at all recently. We are hopping from appointment to appointment with members to investigators to service and all other sorts of things. We seems to always be eating with an investigators and/or member. Good thing we cycle and walk everywhere otherwise I would be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

I'm glad that the YA Performance/Workshop was a blast! As usual, I know you were all extremely busy with that but it definitely sounded like it was worth it. If you have a chance say hi to my previous acting partner, Breanna, as well!

Dome Church in Viborg
It is getting significantly colder here. I've actually started wearing thermals every day! Luckily I'm always basically warm. The coldest I every get is when I'm cycling and the wind is blowing against my face.
We had a great lesson with one of our investigators this week. We read through the next chapter in the Book of Mormon which she left off from in her personal reading and it just happened to be the scripture which introduces the Liahona. We were able to tie that in with her great experience in church, her efforts in holding the Word of Wisdom, and commitment to attend church again. Things are going well with her.

We had a couple lessons with another investigator and his kæreste [girlfriend]. Both went really well, but especially the one that we had at one of the member’s homes. We ate dinner with them and talked about life and it was very hyggelig [cosy]. Somehow, though, the Nielsen family were able to tie it all in to God and the Gospel and a whole bunch of other topics. We barely taught anything! So as for your question, Mom, about how the members are doing with helping us out, they have been really helpful in almost every aspect of the work.


We've finally gotten in contact with a man who was referred from Utah in September and we had a first lesson with him in the middle of that month. He was really nice, has a family with a wife and 2 kids, a businessman, and seems to be all around a very pleasant man. He left on a business trip to Utah and we weren't able to contact him until this past week. Turns out that when we called he was on familysearch.com and was doing genealogy! Amazing! He also told us that he visited temple square and loved it, and wants to come to church this next Sunday. He has some questions for us and seems to be very positive for our next appointment this week. It would be amazing to have an addition like his family into the Randers Branch.

Yesterday we had another miracle. We didn't have any investigators who were coming to church and we were sad, but it happens. We were especially sad because it was the Primary Program. Right before church started a random man sees that something is going on in the church, decides to check it out, comes in, and stays for the entire Sacrament Meeting! Afterwards we gave him a church tour and a pamphlet and he said he would love to come again. He didn't want our number, but who knows, maybe he will come again!


Thanks for sending those Christmas packages Mom! I'll let you know when I get them! I don't know how long I'm going to be in Randers and I only find out if I'm staying another transfer the weekend before, so I can't give you an answer about that. Hopefully I make it past Christmas because we have a ton of member appointments planned!

Oh! I mentioned that the Primary Program was held yesterday. I actually played piano for it and they were so funny! I'm telling you, there is nothing like a Danish kid speaking at a pulpit. So funny!
I don't have anything else for this week, so prepare to get some pictures and I can't wait to hear from you all again in one week’s time!

MKH,
Ældste Wawro


P.S. - I also forgot, people have asked to see pictures of you all but I don't have any printed off! So maybe some point in time you can prints off some pictures of all of us from whenever and send them over. That would be fantastic! Love you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment