Monday, January 6, 2014

Godt Nytår til Jer! [Happy New Year to you!]

2014, can't believe it's already here! This is the year completely dedicated to missionary service for me! It's amazing to think of all that I did this past year, how different life at the beginning of 2013. It makes me excited to see all that 2014 has in store!

Happy Birthday Dad! I hope that it was a good birthday for you all. I also hope your New Year’s Eve was as fantastic as mine!

New Year’s here is crazy!! There are so many fireworks everywhere! It's like a warzone. I put some videos up of New Years on Google+ that you can all look at. 

So we spent New Year’s Eve with Simon and Rachel Bendtsen [members in Randers] and it was so great! We got to stay at their house ‘til 1:00 in the morning and we watched the fireworks with them as well. We also had the traditional countdown where we all stood on chairs and then jumped into the New Year as it struck midnight, but sadly we had a couple different watches going on so we didn't all jump together. All well, still way fun!

So none of the videos you sent worked! I couldn't watch any of them which is too bad because I really want to see that video of Grandma!

That's really cool about going to that singing thing with Pam and Gayle. That's way cool that Dallyn Bayles was there as well! It sounds like a great time.

I also saw Megan Sackett in the Pictures as well which brings up a funny story! So we were at the other Randers Elders Apartment and Elder Huffaker said, "Hey, listen to my new favorite song that Ældste Kinch has on his iPod!" So he put it on and I recognized the voice instantly. I yelled, "Hey!!! I know that person! Who is singing right now?!!" He proceeded to tell me that it was MEGAN SACKETT. Ha, it was so cool! Turns out Joseph Swain (both from Orem High School) is on that album too.
Denmark Copenhagen Temple


So I went down to Copenhagen this past week. We went to the temple after our leadership meeting and it's such a cool temple! Anyway, I met the Temple Præsident and his wife and got to talk to them about the Ramsey Family (our friends from Utah) which was way cool. But also, as I was exciting the Celestial Room a temple worker grabbed me by the arm and asked if I was Ældste Wawro. I said yes and she told me to follow her. She then asked if I lived in New York and I said I did a while back. She introduced herself as a Sister Brown and apparently her sister went to Utah with Grandma Betty and this Sister Brown got to meet her! So she tells me to say hi to all of you.

Unfortunately we didn't have a lot of teaching opportunities this week because of the New Year and such, but the coolest thing was that our less active friend came to church Again. I really hope he continues to come!

Is it possible to get a little picture book sent with pictures of our family? People keep asking to see pictures of you all and I don't have any to show! If you could, that would be awesome!

Thanks for all that you do for me! I'm so glad you got your gifts! Have a great week!

MKH,
-Ældste Wawro

No comments:

Post a Comment