Monday, December 30, 2013

2014 ...And So It Begins


Well hello there everybody! Let me tell you, it was so great to Skype with [the family] all this past week. You are all so wonderful! Ha, unfortunately, not a lot has happened since I last skyped with you all, so I'll just mention the few things that did happen as well as a little about Christmas.

So we spent a ton of this week with members. We ate sssssssoooooooooo much food! We also got to dance around the Christmas tree which is a tradition here in Denmark. We all held hands and sang songs together as we circled around the Christmas Tree. We also ate a ton of Risalamande which is a Danish Rice Pudding. At Christmas time they have a game with this pudding where they chop up a bunch of almonds and put them in the putting, but they leave one unchopped almond in as well. Whoever finds it is supposed to hide it in their cheek while the others search for it. Whoever finds it gets a present. Unfortunately, I never won, but my companion one every single time!!

The best part of the Christmas season was our opportunity to serve. On Christmas Eve we baked a bunch of cookies, printed off the First Presidency Christmas Message with a link to the Nativity Bible Video, and delivered them to some of our investigators and less actives. They were so grateful for our visit and even though we couldn't stay and talk because they were all busy, we could see they really appreciated that we thought about them.
Our Glorious Christmas Tree - Thanks Mom!


We also had the opportunity to help the Frikirke move their church. They moved to a new Building and all of them were so surprised to see the Mormon Missionaries come to help move them during the Holidays. They asked why, and we said because we love to help. They were so grateful and we heard them talking to each other about how great those Mormon/American boys were. It was a great opportunity to share the Christmas Spirit.

This week marks the beginning of the new year. I'm so excited to see the fireworks here in Denmark, apparently it's amazing. I'm especially excited though to begin my one and only full year spent doing the Work of the Lord! It's weird to think that 2014 is going to be spent completely on my mission. It's an exciting thought though.

Well, that's most of what's happened to me this week! Thank you for your love and support! I don't have Pictures right now, but I actually have videos. I uploaded them up on my Google +. You can see them from all of your Google + accounts and see them. It's an awesome setup and I think from now on I'm going to use Google+ to add Pictures/videos because they're instantly available to anyone who wants to see them and can be downloaded as well.

Can't wait to tell you about New Year’s Eve and my trip to København! Love you all!

MKH,

-Ældste Wawro

No comments:

Post a Comment