Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Happy Half-Birthday 2014!



 Today's a big day. 6 months ago I became 20 years old. 6 months from now I'll be 21. Oh the possibilities.

Ældste Metcalf and I have had another great week together in Ordrup!

We've had Sister Sederholm's car for the past few days because President is in Iceland right now. Normally, that would be nice, but this time was special. It was a brand new car!! There were less than 100 Kilometers driven on it! I've never driven a car so new before. They are way nicer than the old ones we had, so that was pretty exciting.

We started off the week with our Zone Training. It was inspiring to see the excitement of the Zone and their willingness to achieve the high expectations that were presented to them. I am deeply inspired by their hard work and we're excited to see the miracles that are going to happen in the zone.

I went on splits right afterwards with Ældste Carroll, and we had a great time! It was fun to be with a new missionary and I was impressed by his willingness to work hard. You could see that he is a little overwhelmed because of the language, but he was more than willing to try new things.

We had a couple appointments together, but the highlight was with TB. Ældste Metcalf and I were going through the phone a couple days before and started calling all of the numbers that we didn't recognize. TB was one of them and we made an appointment with him. We thought he was an investigator, but when Ældste Carroll and I got to the appointment we found out that he actually is an inactive member, and he brought his non-member friend with! So we had the opportunity to teach both of them, and it went great. TB really wants to come back to the church, and he actually lives in Virum's area, so we're excited to see them start working with him and his friend.
Some very serious training going here!

Elijah Thomsen [a member-missionary] was with us for this appointment as well. It was a great learning experience for both Elijah and Ældste Carroll. We had a couple extra minutes before the appointment so I decided to go on one side of the road and contact people by myself while Ældste Carroll and Elijah contacted people on the other side. Ældste Carroll was really nervous at first because neither him or Elijah speak much Danish, but they ended up giving out a ton of cards to people! So that was a great experience and a testimony to me that God really does make up all the difference for us if we are but willing to put ourselves out there. 

Elder Metcalf and I have found a ton of potentials, but we've been having a little bit of a harder time making them new investigators. We actually had 7 Member Present Lessons planned for this week, but most of them ended up burning us, so that was a big dissappointment to us. But we know as we continue forward we'll be able to find those investigators!

We had a great lesson with [a part-member couple]. [The woman] is such a strong member, and [the man] really just needs to become a member. He is awesome. It was a fantastic eating appointment that they had us laughing like you wouldn't even believe! [He] is so open to the church as well. He comes every single Sunday, but I have no idea what it is that is keeping him from wanting to join. We'll have to find that out.

We had a crazy Saturday. Elijah was with us the entire day! We started off with soccer with the ward, which was fun. At 10:00 we invited ourselves over to help Jette move to her new ward. Thing was, the only person there was Chris Perkins. I, Ældste Metcalf, Chris, and Elijah moved all of Jette's stuff by ourselves! Luckily, we had Sister Sederholm’s car that day, otherwise it would have been completely impossible! That took from 10:00 till 5:00, where we had 15 min. to change our clothes and get to one of our appointments...which ended up getting cancelled on the way over. Elijah was still with us, so that was a huge disappointment that we couldn't teach with him, but we ended up knocking on some doors and found some potentials. He was a real trooper through it all.

I can't think of any other exciting details of our week...but I will say that I just feel good about the work that we are doing. For most of my mission I've felt pretty inadequate about my work and knew I could do so much more, but Ældste Metcalf and I are really just giving it all that we have. So I'm happy about the work, and that just gives me a much better feeling of peace. I also find myself a lot more focused on the work and not so much about home or my future. I've been richly blessed for the past few weeks.


I hope you all are doing well. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment